STAR-Ghana wishes to contract the services of a Funds Manager to support its public/state sector partners in the management of their grants. STAR-Ghana is therefore requesting for tenders form registered accounting, audit or related business service providers
|TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term
Length of Contract: Two years
Location: Accra, Ghana
Interviews: Shortlisted Companies will be contacted for interviews
OBJECTIVE OF ASSIGNMENT
STAR-Ghana provides grants and technical assistance to civil society organisations, the Parliament of Ghana and selected ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) to support the development and implementation of projects and action plans aimed at increasing the accountability and responsiveness of the State to all citizens.
To support its public/state sector partners in the management of their grants, STAR-Ghana is seeking to recruit a Fund Manager (detailed Terms of Reference available on the STAR-Ghana website).
The Fund Manager will serve as a conduit for the transfer of funds from STAR-Ghana to the grant partners and be responsible for accounting to STAR-Ghana on behalf of the grant partners. It will also provide relevant capacity building support to State actors and public sector partners as appropriate and ensure compliance with STAR-Ghana financial management procedures and policies.
ELIGIBILITY: The Funds Manager must:
- Be a registered accounting, audit or related business service provider;
- Demonstrate prior experience in managing donor grants, (evidence of managing or supporting State agencies to manage donor funds will be a distinct advantage);
- Be able to provide guarantees for funds entrusted in their care;
- Demonstrate experiences working with State agencies and governance institutions;
- Demonstrate familiarity with grants and financial management policies and procedures of donor agencies such as DFID, the EU and DANIDA;
- Demonstrate capacity (human resources and administrative systems) to manage large volumes of grants;
- Be prepared to work and/or travel at short notice and deliver under tight schedules.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Be responsible for the overall management of Grants/funds on behalf of public sector partners of STAR-Ghana;
- Provide secure, transparent and responsive financial services for the smooth implementation of Partner activities;
- Ensure that grant partner expenditure is in accordance with STAR-Ghana financial procedures and the budget approved by the Steering Committee of STAR- Ghana;
- Submit periodic financial reports to STAR-Ghana as may be agreed; and
- Provide related services that enhance efficient management and accountability of partner grants;
|HOW TO APPLY
Interested service providers should:
Shortlisted companies/organisations will be contacted for interviews